Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, April 22, 2005

For The Love Of Watercolor

I have been a watercolorist since 1989 when I first tried using them. It just felt right and I have not turned back. I graduated with a BFA in fine art in 1971 from the University of North Dakota and taught art for awhile. I worked then in oils and acrylics.
I now teach art on a national level doing workshops. I also compete in national exhibitions and have received my signature status with the Transparent Watercolor Society of America , Missouri Watercolor Society and Red River Watercolor Society.
I hope to be adding to this and developing an interesting blog as time permits. Hang in there with me!

4 comments:

Bob and Rosemary said...

Hello Jane,
I discovered your blog looking for information about you, as I am joining the North Light Book club and yours is one of my selections! I've been scanning your blog and enjoying all your posts. I'm looking forward to reading your book and learning some of the techniques you use. I've been painting in watercolor for about the last 10 years but still have a lot to learn. thanks for your advice & open honesty.
Rosemary

Jane Freeman said...

Thanks Rosemary! Maybe one day I will see you at a workshop and get to meet you...whatever you do...Keep painting!

Joseph Leonard Barnes said...

Excellent Blog. One of the best I have seen since I started nosing around the internet. I admire your work very much and have enjoyed reading your blogs for some time. Thanks for your inspiration and classy approach to one of my best loved art mediums -- watercolor.

Joe

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Joe! That is very nice of you! I love watercolor too and even though many are switching to oils for sales, I am a diehard...I just love the feel of watercolor and the joy it brings me!