Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Chipmunk Challenge

I have been rescuing this small creature for two years now. He or she lives under my deck and has a routine that includes teasing my two cats. The cats take it for awhile but the little rascal gets closer and closer and before you know it...either George or Gracie have it in their jaws. Luckily I am there and can tell them to drop him and off he runs...to this fish at the end of the deck and continues to chip and squack away. He seems to be telling the cats off for awhile and then goes away for an hour or so. Then the routine begins again. I see his determination and even some sense of humor and think about all the creatures out there. Many have personalities and voice their opinions. This guy definately has an opinion and that opinion is that the cats should stay in the house and not come on his deck I guess! HA! Anyway, I thought you would enjoy seeing my little friend. Perhaps one day he will be in a painting and immortalized.

15 comments:

peddidle said...

I love the personalities of the different animals throughout the world. Growing up near Vancouver, B.C., I was able to get in my fair share of chipmunk and squirrel entertainment. They little beasts are incredibly amusing and rather brave considering their size. A couple of years ago my husband and I lived in a house in Baker, Oregon. We had a round planter on the steps to our house which had about six different plants in it. During the summer months, every day, one of the plants would get dug up and thrown out of the pot by the blasted squirrel that hung around, and in its place would be a peanut. I must someday thank our neighbours for freely giving out peanuts to the rascal. Eventually I stopped replanting the plants and simply enjoyed the squirrel's annoying habit. At one point he got brave enough to scurry into the kitchen when I had left the door open. He was so incredibly curious that I couldn't help but smile at his fluffy little tail twitching in my kitchen. Luv the pic!

VernitaTX said...

What a great photo of this little guy! I love this small glimpse of your garden. It must be beautiful.

Michelle Himes said...

He sounds like a real character. I look forward to seeing him in one of your paintings.

Michelle

Eugenia said...

Your blog is beautiful and your paintings are masterful! I really enjoyed it!

Andy M. said...

Ok, so I am finally getting around to finding everyone's blog again. Stella's seems to be down as she moved her webhosting and I cant find vera's either. Cute photo of Mr Chip Munk- it took forever to download as I am on pokey slow dial-up. He better wise up unless he wants to be the "guest of honor" at dinner!

Vera Dennen said...

Jane, I still am not linked here with the others! Okay, I am down on my knees now, I must be begging, all right? Oh wait, I forgot, the reason I am down here is that I fell! How silly of me.

Valerie said...

What a great shot! Would make a great watercolor wouldn't it?

Basf Willy lol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hubert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
johneytaft93192410 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Livenwealthy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bobbyg67 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marketing man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara Roswitha said...

While I am napping on the floor my human is looking at your wonderful paintings, photographs and blog entries. Your little chipmunk is quite a character. Kudos to you on all that you do.