Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Monday, June 19, 2006

Newest Painting


I have just completed my newest painting for my book. I have titled it "Prize of the Patch" for now unless you have something marvelous that you think works better! I think naming a painting is the hardest part sometimes because there is often the obvious but boring titles and to come up with something different seems impossible. I know one person who actually visits the lipstick counter to seek out titles which maybe is a good solution! HA! They are very creative I suspect as well as fingernail colors. Well, I think there might be a better way but have yet to find it. I now have only 7 more mini demos to go and some rewriting and if I am lucky, I might get one more full painting in as well. It all depends on how the writing goes from now on. I have to teach one more workshop in Redwing, Mn and a small family reunion, otherwise the calander is clear and hopefully things will wrap up on Oct 9th right on schedule! I will keep you posted.
I wanted to mention that sometimes people ask me questions on this blog but I am unable to answer that way so if you have a question please email me through my website at www.janefreeman.com Thanks!

8 comments:

emcrorie said...

Hey Jane! Stunning as always! I have to wipe the nose prints off my monitor..can't ever see paintings on the computer large enough! That cantaloup under the shadow of the stand is just amazing!

VernitaTX said...

Beautiful painting as usual, Janie!

am-art said...

Jane this is just beautiful! I love the minimal colour palette! I wonder if I will ever get a watercolour to look anything like as good as yours!!

Anita

Andy M. said...

BEEAAUUtiful, as usual.

Vladislav said...

Beautiful !!!

PacificNorthwestPostcards said...

Stunning. When I first saw it, I immediately thought "Crystal Illusion". I will eagerly await your book. If you ahve a mailing list for when it comes out, please put me on it. Thanks!

Jane Freeman said...

There is no mailing list as this is with North Light and it will be in their bulletin. However if you stay tuned to this blog and my website you will know when and where. It will be in all bookstores by October.

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.