Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rejoice


This is one of the paintings I completed for my new book out next October. I always see hollyhock flowers and think it looks like a chorus of singers with mouths open wide singing at the top of their lungs so thus the title. I wanted to show complimentary colors and how they work to create an exciting contrast.
How is the weather in your area? We have been so hot and with the county fair on I was very concerned about all the animals in the barns. I guess they made it but it must have been hard on them. Today we are cooler and so I hope it makes its way to you as well. The house is cooling down and the animals all wanted to go out this morning so that was a good sign! Rejoice, Fall is on it's way!

8 comments:

Jave said...

Very strong work Jane. Here in Belgium we have had also a 'heatwave'. Regards
Jan
http://jverhulst.blogspot.com/

am-art said...

Superb Hollyhocks - such vibrant colours, the sing! Always a pleasure to see your work, so inspiring!

Deener said...

This is the first time on your blog... I love your work!!!

A. Galura said...

i love your works...

Colin Darke said...

I love your work!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Jane, this is absolutely beautiful, as does all of your work.

Artmaker - Cecilia Price said...

Hi Jane, I have long been a fan of hollyhocks, growing them and painting them. These are just fabulous. I just wanted to tell you.

I want to know when your new book comes out!

Cecilia
http://www.artmaker.com
I have a blog too, but oh my Lord, my work is pitiful compared to yours!

Jane Freeman said...

Glad you all liked this one. It was a challenge and I solved all of it pretty much and tell how in my new book that will be out in October. It was a challenge however! Who said painting was easy?? For me it is always work! HA!