Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grapes and Silver Completed!


As you can see I still do not have a title for this! I like the idea of using Gravy Boat in there but nothing is coming to me. I am sorry it took so long to get to this point but seems I had a million interruptions and the company scanning it took their sweet time! Just the way life is sometimes I guess.
I know this could have had a lot more drama with a dark background but I am so tired of seeing that as the solution to everything by so many artists that I try to steer away from that as an option. I am hoping it worked well enough to make it seem airey rather than heavy which the dark would have lent to it.
The Workshop went well and the schedule is filling up. It appears next summer will be a blurr of teaching and airplanes and if my delays and cancellations this time are any indicator or what is to come...I will dread flying. I was left in Chicago this time for 12 hours~! Then I had to teach with a little 2 hour catnap...but I did better than I thought I would being so deprived of my precious sleep! Ha! Anyway, any suggestions for a title would be appreciated!

9 comments:

Ana Rodriguez said...

Jane, I really love the way you have described the birth of this beautiful painting, I would call it "Ripe at last".

Ana Rodriguez

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Ana! Actually, someone wrote to me and suggested Saucey Grapes and I liked it and told the printer that would be the title just 2 days ago. So I think I will stick with it but yours is great too! Funny, sometimes I get lots of great suggestions and other times no one says boo...which was the case this time and finally I just had to give it a name! Ha! Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Terry Banderas said...

This painting is awesome. Your detail is so good--actually everything is good.

Luke Ott said...

simply beautiful. i really enjoy this painting.

Beyla Medina said...

Hola Jane!!!
No hablo ingles pero esto no me impide felicitarte por tu obra.Espectacularmente bella.
Soy acuarelista y vivo en Caracas Venezuela, actualmente presido la Asociación Venezolana de Acuarelistas.
Mucha luz y transparencia en tu obra...
Saludos
Beyla Medina

Carl said...

Stunning! a beautiful Still Life! Detailed and yet fresh. It is a balance I strive for but almost never quite get.

Jane Freeman said...

I wish I could speak your language Bela but I get that you are maybe the president of the Venezolana Watercolor Society? Your country is very beautiful and must be full of so many wonderful flowers to paint and the colors of your people are so bright and cheerful. I would love to come there one day! Thanks you for writing!
Carl, Thank you! I do not always find something that works...it takes alot of photos to find that one that really can make a painting. One thing I tell my students is that very often a wonderful photo doesnt make a great painting however. What is believeable in a photo is sometimes not believeable in a painting. Take a red, purple and orange sunset...in a photo it is breathtaking and in a painting it is highly questionable it even existed. It is a challenege I enjoy as much as the painting process.

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charmingdesigns said...

This is just beautiful.Laurie