Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, December 19, 2008

Small Painting of Pomegranates


I tried my hand at a small painting a few weeks ago to see if I could do something in a day. I decided since I had not used acrylics in many, many years it was time to drag them out just for the fun of it. I love watercolor so much that I never have had a desire to paint with anything else since 1989 but lately I have been thinking it would be a medium that I could be looser with. I cut open a pomegranate to eat and decided to draw it out first and eat half and then paint it...ha! The painting is approximately 4x6, acrylic, and painted on multipurpose archival board.

2 comments:

V. Bridges-Hoyt said...

Love it, Janie! You are so good with those large detailed watercolor paintings, but this small and looser acrylic is charming also. I know you create those precious children's clothes also for the boutique. You are blessed to be multi-talented!

Gifts of Creation said...

very beautiful acrylic!! nice work..