Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Painted Door


This is what I have been working on and I am calling it done. I am not at all comfortable with acrylics so it seemed to take me forever but I am sure if I do it a few more times I will get the hang of it better! This is a section of hollow door from a bifold door. It is cut also as the knob had to be cut so cut the piece in half making it about 3 feet by 18 inches. I primed it and then used a roller to put on the background. Actually two rollers as I put on the dark and light and then with a clean roller blended them. Then I thought, well if this works...why not draw it the actual size and transfer it on in case I ever want to do this again and figure out a way to make it all go quickly...well the transfer paper worked but it moved on this surface and it is impossible to get out...by using a damp cloth the other paint wanted to lift! Ha! So I say it has an antiqued look! Ha! I think this has possibilities as I can see florals hanging on the garden fence...this will go on my garage I think or at the back door. I still have to polyurathane it I think as I want it impervious to the elements. Anyway, this is what I have been up to off and on and it was a nice diversion!

6 comments:

V. Bridges-Hoyt said...

Janie, it looks very pretty! I don't think anybody would ever know your paper slipped unless you told them. You are so ingenuous!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Nita...it was fun but I need to clean up the mess and move on and get something serious done...I am itching to start a new painting!

Gifts of Creation said...

Jane this is gorgeous!! I love the colors, and it almost looks like a photo!! I can't tell you aren't comfortable with acrylics.

Billie Crain said...

i recently tried my hand at acrylics and i didn't like them at all. this is very nice but i really prefer your wonderful watercolors. they glow.:)

Jane Freeman said...

Yes Billie I agree...but it sure made me appreciate good old Arches! Ha! It is something I wanted to play with to see if I could come up with something fun to do between tough pieces...otherwise I go brain dead...so this was fun, fast and will be neat on the garden fence...but today I am drawing on two large full sheets for watercolor...it got me ready for doing what I love!!! Sometimes we need reminders about what we love don't we? Ha!

RomanticRoses@DorisJoa said...

Hi Janie, you already know how much I love your work. And the painted door is a wonderful idea.

I have given you the Passion of Painting Blog Award. you need to name seven things you love and seven artists to pass it on to. You also need to let them know.
The logo for the Award is on my blog, you just need to copy it.
Doris