Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Day!


My painting, "Saucey Grapes" was juried into the Missouri National Watercolor Show and I shipped it off just before the blizzard. Today they emailed and said that it is going to be the front painting for all the announcements. It is nice to be recognized in that way. I hope it does well in the show too!
Also today it is 47 degrees and melting like crazy! Two days ago it was -35 so quite a switch! Instead of painting I am having to shovel snow away from the garage to keep it from running in and flooding the garage. Strange how fast things can change...of course there still could be another blizzard but spring is trying to come! I also know spring is on it's way when I check out the hummingbird migration maps. I love to watch them come on shore off the Gulf. When they arrive they have expended so much energy they are half their body weight. If you want to see where the Ruby Throated Hummer is and figure out when to get your feeders out you can check it here! You can also see when they arrived in your area in other years. http://hummingbirds.net/map.html I cannot seem to make this an active link but you can copy and paste.

7 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Congratulations! This is a beautiful painting and is worthy of not only the honor that it has already received but also awards. Also thanks for the hummingbird site. I saw my first hummer this Thursday (3/12) in North Florida and my husband laughed at me because I was so excited. I miss them in the winter months. Hope your spring weather comes quickly.

Phyl said...

Hi Jane,
Congratulations! I think you are so deserving, I hope they give you a Blue Ribbon to go along with the honor of being on the announcements. This is one of my favorite paintings, I love the way you handled the green grapes with the green background. The silver and the lace are gorgeous, but I'm really impressed with the way you were able to use almost the same color and still have the grapes distinguish themselves from the background. Amazing! Hope you're feeling better.
Phyl

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Vicki and Phyl! I am hoping it does well but even if not it was fun to be selected for the advertising of such a fine group.
Glad you checked out the hummingbird net Vicki as I just love to see how the progress north and also I try to watch the weather also to see if they are ok and not moving through storms...I just love these little guys!

Loredana said...

Hi Jane, I'm Loredana from Italy, I'm really impressed by your watercolor, you did a great job on it, I wish it wins! (else I can't imagine a better one)
My big congrats!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

This is a beautiful painting. I love the richness and the warmth. Congratulations!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Connie!!! Always nice to hear kind words!!!

Liana Yarckin said...

this one is absolutely gorgeous!