Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still Working!


I am still working on the big event this weekend with 100 artists. To talk for 2 hours on values is a real challenge...not because of lack of info but how to make it interesting. It is so important but for 2 hours it can be like beating a dead horse! Ha! Anyway, that is still what I am doing for now.
I did want to repost the painting that was juried into the Transparent Watercolor Society of American national show in Kenosah, Wisconsin. Remember I was trying to do a floral with an abstract quality to it...well it seems that it was successful and liked! Yipee!
I have done some work on the Dahlias but the camera I used to take the pictures doesnt seem to have a program I can upload the picture too?? I am totally confused so will continue to try to figure that one out! Sorry about that!

6 comments:

Angela said...

This is beautiful! I'll be there this weekend and am looking forward to hearing your talk!

Jane Freeman said...

Great Angela! I look forward to meeting you! Hope I can make it interesting for 2 hours! Ha! You guys...I am so sorry but just noticed I left the K out of the word working in the title so everyone got a rather nasty note is what it looked like! I am ever so sorry! It now reads Still Working!!!

Elflling said...

Jane, I have purchased your book and loved it! This is an amazing blog, in the sense that it allows me to see the step-by-step of your new paintings, and share your thought process. I really love the complicated patterns involved in your drawings, whatever subject you choose -- glass, lace, flowers, you always have such wonderful drawings describing all the intricate details! I was just wondering whether you directly draw on the paper you intend to paint, or draw it out on a separate sheet, and then trace it out using graphite transfer paper onto the watercolor paper? Thanks!

mollie jones said...

Hi Janie...Can't wait to hear your recap of your weekend slide show presentation since I can't be there. I know it'll be fabulous and also am sure that everybody who is in attendance will be so glad to hear your take on everything. "Knock 'em dead"!!

Cindi said...

just stumbled in.. and will be back soon for a longer look... these are amazing.. thank you for sharing...

Jane Freeman said...

I generally transfer the shapes but draw on the paper...so I have to be careful but if the shapes are there the rest falls into place. So glad you like my book! Drawings are the road maps to success I think...at least for me. I usually fail if I do not have a plan.
Welcome to the blog Cindi...and Mollie it went very well. I have never had to talk to 100 artists in front of a movie camera before...but it was well received I think and they were all so nice!