Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Peony WIP


You saw the start of this and I just have not gotten back to it...it was the beginning of a demo at a workshop. Today I took the time to block in some more of the background. Now with a couple of days work it can be done which is going to be so nice...finally catching up after all that has gone on! Just to remind you, this peony has lost all it's petals and it leaves these terrific teddy bear like pods...which I love! Not sure of a title at this point but maybe by next time I will have something...any suggestions?

6 comments:

Phyl said...

Hi Janie,

I'm so glad things have slowed down for you, I could hear you exhale! LOL
I love this painting. I think it's telling us to just wait til next year! It's really a beautiful painting.

Phyl

Jane Freeman said...

Thanks Phyl...I still have a ways to go on the peony but it is smaller...It is just a 1/2 sheet and boy does that make a difference! HA! Plus feeling good!

Debbie Cannatella said...

Janie, I love this! Make sure to post the final one on our blog at ArtColony... can't wait to see it finished.

F.M.Marrouch said...

Hello Jane , he descubierto tu blog hace unos días y me encanta , no solo el realismo que consigues en las flores pero también el encuadre, la luz y la combinación de colores que utilizas, seguiré tus trabajos , me gustan mucho, Saludos.

Mary Jansen said...

Janie, this is the BEST! The lighting is just breathtaking. Honestly, I just don't know how you do it!

Gary Keimig said...

very interesting blog. Love your work. The light is just great the way you use it on your subjects