Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Monday, August 10, 2009

Clothes Pins Stage 2


Still no paint arriving here so I am becoming worried about this...so the last few days I have done some painting...not as much as I would like because we finally have some nice weather and I have been doing alot of gardening as well...moved a few roses I have wanted moved for 3 years! So that feels good. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain and if it does I will work more on the painting but my husband has also taken time off so then I do not get as much done. At least I am seeing progress! There still is much to do...alot of darks etc but I like to build my areas slowly...all of this will change again as I layer up on the different areas. This is not the complete painting either but it is not yet all drawn so felt I would let that be a surprise! Ha! My colors are Daniel Smith, Quin. Sienna, Quin Rose, Bt Sienna, Carbazole Violet, Transparent Brown Oxide and New Gamboge. The ribbon has not been completed as it is such straring that I have gotten headaches and backaches so will let that develop slowly I think. Anyway, it is moving along!!

4 comments:

Billie Crain said...

This is really starting to take shape, Jane. Your still lifes are so complex! You must have the patience of Job or do they take you to a Zen kinda place when you work on them?

Jane Freeman said...

Billie you are funny! Actually I really do not have patience but I am always attracted to something complicated and then I wonder what the heck was I thinking! I am already tired of the bamboo and have alot yet to do on that...but seems I just find myself wanting to paint these types of things...as for a Zen kinda place...ha! I think at times I am holding my breath and nearly passing out trying to figure things out! Ha! Not too Zen!!! I think sometime this winter I am going to try some looser work as my back and neck need a rest!

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Jane, I'm the same way. I never went for the "scales" with my watercolor, just straight to the symphony! Then had to work my way out of it. I think ultimately we learn more that way anyway. Going to gorgeous!

Terry Banderas said...

Fantastic detail!!!! Nice post.