Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Clothes Pins WIP


I wanted to show you where I am on the clothespins painting. It is slow as it hurts to paint but I am trying to locate all the shapes gradually. There is still much more to do to the bamboo and more of it on the mid left of the painting. I am not sure I will go as dark as originally planned but I suspect I will go darker than this is now by several values for sure. I wanted to post this as I will not be painting for the next week and you can see where I am at. I have not used any new colors...just layering up back and forth with the same ones. In the dark shadows I started lighter in areas knowing I might want to add some highlights down there. I have begun to do that and perhaps I will like that...it is one way to try on the look and if I do not like it I can go dark completely. I really hope this one turns out...even though it is painful to paint I can still do small things and leave and bounce around and get something accomplished.

6 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Your work is exceptional and I am sorry the you are in pain while painting.

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Vicki and those of you who have emailed. This is fixable if I just do not paint for awhile but that will not be possible until in December...but I will take it easy and it will be less painful. I think when you do repetitive actions it happens...and small details I just use my thumb for that up and down movement...so it is like tennis elbow...the inflammation will go away with time and rest...thanks for your concerns!

Billie Crain said...

Jane, I didn't realize you were having pain. What's wrong? Carpal tunnel syndrome? Btw, this is incredible so far! All that detail...my God!

Carla Reinagel said...

Jane,

I had very limited use of my hand for about two years. I could work for about 10-20 minutes then had to take a long break. I still have to be very careful and often write with my other hand just to save my left for painting. Physical therapy helped me.

Carla

Phyl said...

Janie,

I haven't checked in on you in a while, I'm so sorry you're having such pain. I hope it gets well really soon, it's got to be difficult not be able to paint. I'm really looking forward to this painting with the clothes pins. I'm having trouble seeing it but that should be remedied soon. I'm having cataract surgery, both eyes, it will be really nice to see again!
Have a great time with your daughter, and I hope your hand heals quickly.

meera said...

what patience and attention to detail! Wish you pain free days for many many years of fabulous painting.