Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finally A New Update!

Alot has been going on and I am sorry to not be here as much as I wanted. I have had vertigo problems that are now somewhat better and then got a terrible cold which I am still battling. I also had begun work on a six step painting demo for Quarto Press out of London and had completed 3 of the steps when my son was in a roll over trying to avoid a deer and I just knew I did not have the strength to do anymore of it...my attention has to be here at home for now. Luke will be fine, the truck is totally a goner and we hope that something very good will come out of all of this.

I did get to work more on the clothespin painting...It is getting closer to the end but the background is still evading me. I thought I knew what it should be but that changed as the lighting changed in the painting... and so that has been keeping me at a much slower pace! I will think of something however...hopefully soon! Ha! This is a little crooked but hopefully you can see it well enough. The sun was finally shining this afternoon so grabed the chance to shoot it.

9 comments:

V. Bridges-Hoyt said...

Janie, the clothespin painting is unbelievably beautiful! I bet you need glasses for sure after painting all those details.

Phyl said...

Janie,
I love these clothes pins, it's going to be amazing when you finish! Hope you and your son get better REAL soon.

V. Bridges-Hoyt said...

OMG, I missed the part about your son's accident! I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you both get well wishes.

Billie Crain said...

Thank God your son is alright! The truck can be replaced. The son can't.

This painting is looking amazing. So complicated and so much to look at. Can't wait to see what you decide for a bg.

Chris Beck said...

What a feast for the eyes!! I know you'll come up with something wonderful for the background - sometimes it just takes time for the solution to appear!! Hope you're feeling better and that your son is mending too.

Michelle Himes said...

Oh, this is going to be awesome, Jane! Whatever you do for the background, keep it simple. You don't want to lose the impact of that wonderful still life.

Doris Joa said...

Janie, this is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

Jean Haines ASWA said...

Absolutely stunning Jane!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Fabulous painting. Do hope you and your son are recovering well. Had a thought about the background - different coloured washing blowing in the sun??