Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Party Pear Final

I am not sure how this is going to appear as on my computer it looks square...and it is 22 x 17. This pear is about my dear friend Margo who passed away in December...she was the light of my life and the joy that came through the door each day...some friends are like that...bounce into your life and teach you how to live! She was the most positive person I have ever met and found good in everything...and I mean everything! I never heard her complain once through everything she went through. In August I was setting up still lifes of pears and as this one was developing it reminded me of Margo...she made everyday a party. I will think of her every day when I see this and hopefully live a better life because of knowing her.
This is going in at a lower resolution than I usually do because some of my images have been lifted again. I am sorry about that.

6 comments:

Jane Freeman said...

I went in and darkened the pear a little...we will see how that looks...often when I see the image up here I have time to look at it in a new way...but at this point it is scarey to mess with it too much.

judylaliberte said...

Party Pear looks great to me and knowing the story gives it so much meaning. It was obviously painted right from the heart and shows.

Phyl said...

I think your friend Margo would be very pleased.

Michelle Himes said...

A pear party, what fun!!! This is super, Jane! Your friend would have loved it.

JRonson said...

I loved this one :)

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you all for your comments. I am partial to this one because of it's meaning and now with Margo gone I try to celebrate each day as she would. We learn lessons from our friends if we just study what it is they gave us in this life.