Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Pearfect Day

I wanted to post the final on this painting so you can see where I left it. Not sure if this is the title but it will do for now. I really had to force myself to consider a very simple background and something other than dark which is such a common solution. This sea/sky seems to lend some atmosphere but I think had I added clouds it might have been detracting...so hard to know...maybe I would have loved it! But hopefully this idea will begin to evolve for me. This is a nearly full sheet. I am really liking combining a still life with a landscape...I just have to get better at it!

10 comments:

Mi mundo a la acuarela said...

Gorgeous,,,congratulations JF

carlos diez said...

Really a perfect watercolour! Bright colors and an equilibrated composition.

Judith Angell Meyer said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the richness of the still life, and the atmosphere seems just all that is needed. ~J~

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you all! I am glad to have another pear painting behind me. If I felt I had the time I would try complete this last one...we will see.

Michelle Himes said...

Great series! I like the combination of still life with a landscape also. I hope you do finish the last one and post it soon, but I sense that you are wanting to move on to something new.

Phyl said...

Wow, I think the background lends a beautiful depth to those amazing shadows and reflections. Just perfect!

frank said...

Came out nice, Jane! Maybe you're on to something combining a landscape with a still life!!!

deborahspalette said...

Do you travel out of state to do workshops? IWS The Iowa Watercolor Society. I am the new VP and my job is to book workshops. If you would be interested, please leave a comment at
www.dlrubyspalette.blogspot.com
Thank you for you time.
I enjoy you work! Deborah

maria elena said...

Jane una belleza tus obras ...!! un abrazo Maria Elena
http://pintarmatiz.blogspot.com

sreenivasa ram makineedi said...

excellent.