Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Pears On Vacation

This is maybe not the title but that is what I am calling it right now. It is not done and I am trying to go more slowly because of the other disaster! That was terrible! But I am trying so many new things something is bound to go wrong. This time the tape worked and the masking quite well too...no crazy moves on my part...so it is ok so far!
I had thought there might be trees somewhere on the horizon and now I dont think I want that so now I fear the painting is cut in 1/2 with the waterline...so not sure how this will all be fixed...hopefully over the weekend I will have this one finished as well!

5 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

Really looking good.

jyothisethu said...

Jane,
you have done a wonderful job...
the still life looks lifelike....

Marilyn said...

Beautiful! It doesn't hit me as being cut in half....the sideways V-shapes make the eye travel in an interesting zig zag.

Jane Freeman said...

Well when I get the courage up I must work on the top two pears but the slightest drop of water into that blue now will wreck it so I am a nervous wreck...think I have to tape paper all around them while I work!

Judith Angell Meyer said...

You know ... looking at it some, if you end up still concerned by the horizon line, I can see that it would be easy to make a wake out of the light area. Put a small row boat going out of sight to the left, with a wake behind it? Just a though to get ideas flowing.
~J~