Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Bend, Oregon workshop

I thought I would show the demo I am working on for the workshop in Bend at Art in the Mountians.  This is what everyone can work on if they like or they can work on their own painting. I still have alot of darks and more details to do but this is where I will leave it and finish there the last day.
It seem seems summer is slipping away from me. I think I packed too much into these few months and now I am not home enough to enjoy the summer...we will see how it all plays out.
I will have a show in the beginning of August in Stillwater, Minnesota so have to begin getting that ready too as it will be on top of me when I return from Oregon!! I guess this pace is keeping me out of trouble! ha!!! Have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

My gosh Jane!! this is wonderful! Your class will be dazzled. Good luck and enjoy your workshop.

Christiane Fortin said...

Gee! you sure it's a demo Janie. It's stunning. Are they beginners ?

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Judith and Christiane...No...they are not beginners at least that is what I have been told...I hope that it will be alot of fun and when the class is done I will go stay a few days with my daughter at the beach...so that will make for a great 2 weeks!

mollie jones said...

Love this demo piece, Janie...wish I could take the workshop. Have fun.

Anudeepa Kadiresan said...

Beautiful,I don't have any words to explain,I love your paintings.....all.I wish to be in your workshop.

Pam Utton said...

I'm always love to see your paintings, the amount of detail and the way you capture light is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jane Freeman said...

Thanks everyone...you have made me feel so much better about this piece! I think I have shown in the second painting I will work on there some of the things I would maybe change...they will have options. I am hoping to teach more about composition than anything because if you can do that you can do anything!

Janet Belich said...

Fear NOT Jane !! Trouble will find you any way !! Ha!! But at least you can't blame me ...saddly I'll be stuck here wishing I could be in your workshop. Have a Blast !!& Enjoy the beach.

Chris Beck said...

Beautiful painting, Jane!! I'm way behind in blog reading, so your workshop is over now, but I bet it was a valuable and challenging time for your students!!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Chris...I am still working on it...it was difficult to paint a painting with alot of problems and make them ones that could be fixed...not sure they all can be but sometimes I think we learn from doing...so they made the mistakes and worked on them! ha!