Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stanley Maltzman

I have not had much time this summer to keep this up as I have been traveling so much. But I wanted to tell you about the highlight of my Bend, Oregon workshop! The other instructor was Stanley Maltzman and I believe his book is one of the first I purchased way back when. He is 89 and still travels and teaches and you would be amazed at his energy! He is delightful and charming and talented...what a combo!!! I think if you are a plein air artist and like pastels, you will enjoy his workshops tremendously! I was honored to be there with him and able to chat each morning for a few minutes during breakfast...he was a true inspiration!

1 comment:

smstory said...

Hi Jane,
What a surprise to see my father on your web site. A big thanks to you for the spot light!It was great to meet you at Bend. I will always remember your sparkling personality, energy and beautiful paintings.
Thanks very much!
Susan Story
PS. We would love to use this on my fathers web site. Would that be OK with you?