Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

White Peony demo

The sun is shining so I wanted to grab a picture of my white peony watercolor painting. I have only been working on the left side but now that flower seems to make sense. I will come back to the right side again but with all the choir practices and a two day art show I am not thinking I will get to paint until the weekend. But at least you are caught up to where I am in the painting. The background still needs to be resolved as well but sometimes for me it helps to know what values I will have in the foreground of my painting to better understand what is needed behind the flower. I am thinking the stems will be darker than the background for something different as so many watercolor paintings just resolve this with a dark background. There is always another solution to a watercolor I think. We will see how it develops!! I took the picture in some pretty strong sunlight so I am afraid the greens might appear a little faded here. But you can at least see where I am headed! I will update the peony demo next week when I am done with all that I am doing.

9 comments:

Ilene said...

These are glorious, Jane! I can almost smell them and thank you profusely for sharing your talent with all of us.

Phyl said...

BEAUTIFUL! That's all I can say,
Phyl

Carol said...

Gorgeous!

Christiane Fortin said...

Already stunning!

Birgit O'Connor Watercolor said...

Just Beautiful Jane !!!!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you so much my dear friends! It means alot! Birgit, I am tickled to hear from you my friend!!!
Christiane, I surely hope you will find help for your pain...I think of you so often.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Jane, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love them.

Suma CM said...

Gorgeous work!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Suma, I hope I do not mess it up...I tend to diddle around when I am sick and mess things up...