Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SPLASH - 13 Book ACCEPTANCE!

I am happy to announce that Monday's Wash was accepted into Splash-13 which is about alternative approaches. Of course when I sent it in to be juried I knew what was alternative about it but a year later I cannot remember that good comment I had! ha! I have to sit down and think because I really had a good thought on this at the time.
Monday's Wash
21" x 29"
My good friends Diane Morgan, Thomas Schaller and Laurin McCracken are also in the book along with many awesome artists. I am not sure but this is maybe my 4th or 5 time in a splash book...so it is a real honor to get in again!
For those of you who did not see the segment on Public tv here...I was working on this piece and this is the link for that. http://www.lptv.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=9&video=451

9 comments:

Christiane Fortin said...

Congratulations Janie this is wonderful news. Guess I'll have to buy that book too. Too bad they are heavy Chicago would have been the perfect place for signatures. hihi!

xx

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Christiane! Chicago will be so much fun!

Martha Kisling said...

Beautiful painting Jane and congratulations for being accepted into Splash. I remember buying the first one that came out years ago - guess that dates me a little!

Helen Shideler said...

Congratulations Jane - this is wonderful and the painting is beautiful

Art By Erika said...

Congratulations Jane! I will have to buy my first Splash book with you and Tom in it!

munart7997@nctv.com said...

Congratulations!!!!! You are a great artist, poet, analyzer of mood, and aura surrounding you. I enjoy all your musings.

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you so much for your very kind comments!

Michelle Himes said...

Congratulations, Jane! I always thought this one was a winner.

devotedmomof7 said...

Super painting - love the pattern of light and all the interesting elements to enjoy. Congratulations. How fun to have been in Splash so many times you cannot remember the exact number. I will look forward to getting the book and seeing your painting!