Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Rotweiler Watercolor

My sons dog passed away and I decided to try to paint her. Taylor was getting so heavy that she no longer had a shape left but I could not find a picture of when she was younger. She had a harness and would pull my son around in the mountains of South Lake Tahoe while he was on his skateboard...she was quite the girl. I still have to try find a picture that shows her nose better and have to get the eyes done etc...you can see I have a ways to go yet but this is where I am at right now...hopefully I will get this done this week...even with all the Easter prep and choir practice. We will see! 

8 comments:

Christiane Fortin said...

Janie it's already beautiful. What reds are you using they shine! Can't wait to see the result.

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Christiane! I am using Perylene Red and sometimes there is some New Gamboge in it...I think this is showing it maybe a little brighter than it really is...but it is a nice red I think. Thanks kiddo!!!

Vernita Bridges Hoyt said...

Janie, I love the painting! Great job on the Rotweiler and all the red, white and blue just sets him off grandly.

Phyl said...

Janie, I love this big old guy, I'll bet he's really missed. I love the colors in this painting, I can't imagine that's there's much more to do to it, but I've been wrong before! You always seem to add some little something that makes your paintings really stand out.

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm just beginning to pull out. I got a new endocrinologist. She's bold. Has put me on drugs the other docs wouldn't even consider. Guess what! I'm really doing better. My hair is growing back, and that ugly gray palor is leaving my chubby little face. I love my new doc! LOL
Take care,
Phylxxxx

devotedmomof7 said...

Beautiful tribute!

Jane Freeman said...

Thanks guys...still alot to do...I have not even painted the nose yet...and glow in the eyes etc...
Phyl, write to me...I have not heard your whole story and I would like to! I am glad your new Dr is helping.

barbara said...

Just love this, especially as I am doing a similar tribute of my brother's german shepherd who passed away last year. Would love some tips on coping with the hair. Unfortunately am trying to do it in acrylics

Jane Freeman said...

Well Barbara I am not doing so well with the hair because she was so flat haired except in a few places so there was not much texture or change in her coloring...I am just mixing in browns because she had some and I just am giving her more...still several coats to go on the fur and am hoping it will look real enough...ha!Most importantly will be to capture the face so it looks like her...and it seems to so far...so that is good.