Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, July 15, 2011

Yellow Rose Watercolor Complete!

I am calling this done but I know I might tinker with it some more before it goes for the official scan. I had a phone call when the last wash was going in on the top part and it closed in on the moon...I might play with that but I surely do not want to mess it up so we will see.
Those who follow me on Facebook know that I write poetry and writings about Lady Lake and Mr Moon and so when I thought of a dark background for this piece I decided that Mr Moon might look nice back there...however it was scarey and I felt he had to be rather central...which is pushing my luck with composition...but I feel it worked ok. If I can lighten the dark carefully and pull it back some on the moon area I will as that is no longer circular but if I think it might mess things up I will just leave it be.  I have not decided what I will start next but I think what ever it is will be very different from my usual just for a change of pace!!!

15 comments:

Helen Shideler said...

Stunning as usual Jane - the colors are so radient

Kaaren Oreck said...

Mr Moon is making the flower just glow. Wish I could see in in person!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Helen! Kaaren...I want to see you in person...ha!!! I have but want to do it again. hee!

siggiofmaine said...

This is gorgeous...love the effect you have on the moon...the rose is so lovely. I like the night too ...and find the moon a real challenge. Obviously you have mastered it ! Siggi in Maine

Catherine DE RYCK said...

Hello Jane ! Beautiful contrasts, values, dark and light tones, cold and warm colors !

Tracy Hall said...

Just gorgeous, Janie. If anyone could pull this off it was you!

Balaji said...

Superb!!!

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you ever so much for commenting...it is hard to keep a blog going sometimes when Facebook is so easy for everyone...so thanks!

Kathleen Neff said...

The Lady and Mr. Moon work for you in all seasons...in all weather. So beautifully done, Yellow Rose is no exception. Thanks for wonderful words and exciting watercolors.

Animal-Visions said...

So beautiful! Love the colours! The rose is perfect!

John M Crowther said...

Everything here is just wonderful, Janie! I hope you're well.

Jane Freeman said...

Dear John...thank you so much! Yes all is well. I am taking a break to work on some things and put my life back on track mentally and spiritually...summer is like that. Thank you for stopping by to say hi!

Beyla Medina said...

Beautiful work Jane, I love

BrandNewStudio said...

Beautiful work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations
skizo

Cynthia Sexton said...

Amazing painting but I always think your work is special. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch for so long. Hope all is well with you.