Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back to Painting!

I am back to painting some and even though I feel out of the zone it feels good to be painting at all. I am hoping I will remember the colors I was using and get this one going a little faster so that I can move on to the next one. Some of you might remember that I was drawing 4-5 full sheets for painting this winter so I am hoping to get at them...however a new one has come up that I can hardly wait to paint too so we will see what is next. So here is the peony as it stands tonight. I need to start blocking in the background and spend alot more time on all the stamens to make them stand out. Got a long way to go but it is good to be moving forward!

4 comments:

Guy Magallanes said...

Looks great! love the shadows from the stamens...can't wait to see more...

Monisha said...

wayyda go! It looks beautiful already! But yeah, strive till perfection's the key, good work though:) i Like:)

Mary Kosary said...

Lush and lovely. I read about your video on Art Colony. Is it available for the adoring fans out here?

Jane Freeman said...

No Mary, that video was done for PBS and the clip can be seen at youtube. I posted the link here once...I can look it up again if someone wants it!