Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Challenge!

Guy Magallanes and I were invited by Pablo Villicana to join him in a painting challenge for Thanksgiving! Well I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving so was so excited to have been invited to join in and honored as I have always admired the challenges that he and Chris Beck do!  So here they are! I hope you will follow the links to their blogs and read about their painting and look at their other beautiful works of art!


"Acorn Harvest"
watercolor   8 x 10 1/2


"Mi Abuelita"
watercolor  10 x 7


"Give Thanks"
Jane Freeman
watercolor   20 1/2 x 15

I loved doing this challenge as Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday! And all of you who follow me on Facebook know how much I love all my pet Blue Jays! So this Blue Jay is giving thanks as well for the peanuts I give him. When I give them their peanuts they often pause and look up at me and I believe they are so happy to receive these gifts. I hope we all will be grateful this season for the gifts we have been given as well.
I intend to begin the step by step on the painting so that you can see what I thought about and the problems I had and what I would have done differently if I had really had the time to think about it! I just had to jump in and do it! ha! But I loved it!
Thank you ever so much Pablo for inviting me and Guy, I loved doing this with you...this was great fun to do it with two friends whom I admire so much!! 


10 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Jane, I love the blue jay, but mostly I love the perspective on the "Give Thanks".

Spectacular,

xoxo

Phyl said...

Gorgeous bird and beautiful message!
Can't wait to see the step by step.
Phyl

Chris Beck said...

Wonderful piece, Jane!! Love the blue jay especially, but the whole painting is intriguing -- looking forward to your step-by-step!!

Jane Freeman said...

thanks you everyone...maybe tomorrow I will begin posting my steps!

Pablo VillicaƱa Lara said...

I wanna see how you did that! Love your painting!

Guy Magallanes said...

Mee too Jane, I can't wait to see your step by step!
Love your Blue Jay, we don't have that kind out my way.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Janie. You do so much to make life more beautiful for so many people. I love your blue jay.

Unknown said...

Janie -- I'm the unknown above. . . hope myname comes through this time.

Unknown said...

Hmmm - Andrea Hagen-Arndt, that's the unknown.

Jane Freeman said...

Hi Andrea! Thank you ever so much! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU TOO!!!