Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finished Stargazer Lily Watercolor

Here is the end results for my painting that I stretched over stretcher bars. I have seen this with so many of my friends and I just never tried it but decided to give it a try and enjoyed it alot! The size is 8" x 8" and watercolor that is spray sealed and then varnished. It now can be floated in a frame or hung as it is but never will need glass to protect it. I will do a few more this way as it will be interesting to see if these will sell better. I have not used a Paypal button on here for a long time but am thinking of trying it again...I will let you know if I work up the courage to do that! ha!!

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Magnifique Jane !

renatabarillipainter said...

bellissimo!!! what did you use to spray seal it.? please
thanks

Jane Freeman said...

I first sprayed it lightly with Matte Finish 1311 from Krylon several times so that the watercolor was protected. Then I did 3 coats of Golden Polyner varnish with UVLS diluted 50/50. Tgus us a satin finish. It really enhances the colors!

Christiane Fortin said...

Jane this is beautiful. I have to try this. I did a few using deep cradle frame but it's too expensive. Maybe a great way to finally get into the Galleries. No glass how fun.

Euphoria said...

Hermoso, Beautiful! So fresh !!! Congratulations.