Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Watercolor Of Page, Arizona

A few years ago I took a trip with some of my artist friends and we went down the Colorado river from Page, Arizona where it is still with no rapids. It was wonderful and finally I am attempting to paint one of the river bends. This is way out of my comfort zone let me tell you but I am just taking it one step at a time and hopefully by the end of next week I will be done.  I am so use to working with definate shapes and so this has been a very large challenge for me. Please remember there is more work to do on this but I thought I would show you where I am at this point.
I have not been painting much since June and I have gone through some problem solving on my health issues. I am thinking by spring I am going to be a new person with much more energy! I will get my stitches out in 2 days from some cancer surgery on my ear...it is healing nicely. I am wearing yoked prism glasses at this time to correct my midline shift from a fractured skull 27 years ago. I did not know all the seemingly unrelated problems that this will help. It is a long story but I am improving and doing quite well!
I hope that I will not be away much again. I am drawing and working on several pieces so I hope to keep you updated on my paintings as I progress! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

9 comments:

Carmella Tuliszewski said...

The painting is really looking beautiful. I am a retired art teacher finally getting back into my own love of painting. I have been following your blog for about ayear now and you have been an inspiration. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Carmella Tuliszewski

Johanna Cellucci said...

Having found your blog through a friend's, I too have been following your blog for some time now. Your work is beautiful, and this painting actually looks finished to me. I just love your realism. Wishing you well.

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Carmella and Johanna! Your kind words are much appreciated! I have not done landscapes much at all yet love them dearly...so I should try to do more so they would not be so hard! ha!

Jennifer Taylor said...

Umm.. wow. I am so impressed! I see nothing that needs to be done. But as the artist of this painting, you must see something.. I love this though.. truely. Beautiful. Inspirational. Please do keep painting Jane! ~Jenny

Phyl said...

This is amazing Janie. I think you should try a lot more of these! It's lovely. Hope you'll be doing better and feeling better really soon.

Sergio DS said...

Absolutely amazing.
I come back soon, I want to enjoy more.
Thanks.

Arti said...

The painting looks radiant!Wish you good luck for your health, keep creating!

Ona Kingdon said...

This is gorgeous Janie (((hugs)))

Ruth Steinfatt said...

Wow this is a wonderful painting already...I know it will be a winner. Love the shadows, etc.