Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

Laughing Girls Watercolor

I have been working on this off and on for some time. I hesitated to show it because it has not worked and it was alot of time and effort but perhaps by showing you I can help you. I have been thinking of this painting for more than 3 years. I had seen some of these mannequins and just wanted to paint them into a painting. I always tell my students to know and have references for what you are going to paint but in this case I did not have that. I attempted to make up much of this and because of that I discovered it did not work like I had hoped. It feels like a wasted month or more but I learned my lesson. ha! Maybe someday the solution will come to me but in the meantime it is going into storage. I should get a close up of the bike reflection for you as it is not easy to spot so will do that and post that as well.

7 comments:

Cynthia Nicole said...

I admire your ability to waste a month (according to you) and be okay with it!
:)
Thanks for sharing the process!

Jane Freeman said...

I just saw how red these were so tried to tone that down a little and they are better. Did not want them looking worse than they already are! ha!!!

christiane fortin said...

Wait a minute. Why going away into storage, you must finish this. It's beautiful. Follow your heart Janie it sure can't be worst than my last one. Come on girl!.... it's looking great and is a fun painting.

Phyl said...

Janie,

This is really beautiful work! I don't think you've wasted your time at all. I guess I don't have a "perfected" eye, but I think more people would admire this work than not. The reflections, detail, etc. is truly beautiful. Don't be so tough on yourself! AND DEFINITELY don't put this in storage, it's a lot more than you give yourself credit for.............

Phyl

Phyl said...

Janie,

This is really beautiful work! I don't think you've wasted your time at all. I guess I don't have a "perfected" eye, but I think more people would admire this work than not. The reflections, detail, etc. is truly beautiful. Don't be so tough on yourself! AND DEFINITELY don't put this in storage, it's a lot more than you give yourself credit for.............

Phyl

Jane Freeman said...

Thank you Phyl...you too Christiane...I hope after not looking at this for awhile I will figure out how to solve it! Thanks for your support!

Eren said...

It's incredibly beautiful!! C─▒ngratulations.