Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Umbrellas Watercolor Demo

I have begun a new painting and it feels like it will take forever but it will get done alot quicker actually as it is just a 1/2 sheet...I finally finished up alot of the drawing on Monday. I felt like I needed to begin painting and then do the finish drawing as I go now because I keep getting lost so adding the color helps to define each area so I can draw within that space. That is what I do every time it is a difficult piece. It really helps you narrow it down to one place and it is easier to focus.
I might work a little bit more today but I might instead go outside and enjoy the weather as it is very sunny out and warming up to near 30 today! It is wonderful after such a long winter.

2 comments:

christiane fortin said...

Dear Janie,

You never do it the easy way do you! Oh boy this painting will definitely be another stunning master piece. The colors are already so beautiful. I can't wait to see this done. It must be strange for you to work on half sheet. I suppose I will have to get used to that no place for full sheet in the truck.

Studio at the Farm said...

Your start looks intriguing!