Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Cherries and Wine Watercolor Demo

I really took time to think about what my background might be on this one. I always am looking for a different way of doing them. I had pictures of beautiful blue skies, fences and barns...as I see this as a picnic outside. But in the end I settled on this. It is so fun to put the rough next to the smooth, the rustic next to the sophisticated. Opposites can often make something much more interesting. I think I would have gone with a landscape but it would have taken longer and I want to finish this piece up. I hope that I will not be disappointed as I could have done something even more daring. Maybe next time! There is still so much to do but slowly the shapes are falling into place and making sense!!! The label on the one wine bottle is waiting...I will make that last as I think I want it to say something about the painting itself.

2 comments:

Jane Freeman said...

So funny! Now I have this painting leaning the other way! I surely hope I get it straight before this is done! ha!

Vicki Greene said...

Wow, it is looking amazing!