Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beginning New Watercolor

I have completed a drawing to start a new watercolor and I am stumped about what to do. First let me explain. I have been asked to test a new watercolor  coming out on the market called QOR and it is pronounced CORE...I think. Anyway, I was wondering if I should paint this with the new colors and then I think but I love this drawing and I want to do it with watercolors I know and understand and not test something on this and then not like it after all the work of drawing! So that is why I am stumped. We will see which way I will lean. I will post the drawing. It was put in adobe to try to make the pencil lines stand out so it might look very dark and let me assure you it is not dark. And my head shadow is in there. ha! Sorry about that. It is a group of metal welded fish with spines all over them. I am really excited to get painting on it and so am not sure which way to go as I really like the drawing and want this to turn out. We will see. I will post the drawing and also the color swatches I did of the new paints. I have them in the window now and will leave them there for a month in the sun to see if there is any fading.

3 comments:

Christiane Fortin said...

Janie this is such a great drawing and so much fun. I can't wait to see did done. I will be looking for the paints it's exiting to have new brands on the market.

Carol Blackburn said...

Very interesting drawing. I look forward to seeing the new paints in use.

Billie Crain said...

Jane, why not do a tracing of your drawing and try it both ways? Seems like a simple solution to me.