Subscribe to My Mailing List

Google Groups Subscribe to Watercolorist
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Watercolor of Cherries and Wine Final!

I have to call this done. Having been on a trip and coming home to solve those last problems with the painting I found I had lost interest and just want to move on. I will get it professionally photographed next week so I might tweek here and there before it goes but it really is for the most part done.  I have decided upon the title as well. It is Lunch with Solveig. Solveig Rimstad is a good friend and when I decided to use the Norwegian flag as one of the labels it also helped me name the painting! It is always nice to finish a painting but I never remember ending a painting and feeling like it was exactly how I wanted it. I would change many things which is always the case with me! But I learn lessons each time I stretch like this so if you want to grow as an artist, push yourself.
I have been asked to test some very newly patented watercolors so need to get a drawing going for that and then believe it or not I think I will try my hand at some acrylic again. I need to do more with that as it is something I think would give me a respite from the watercolors.

3 comments:

Laura Leeder said...

You've done beautiful job on this wonderfully complicated painting!
Thank You for sharing.....

Johanna Cellucci said...

Your water colors are just beautiful, as is this one. I am amazed at all of the elements and colors you used, yet it all works together. This had to be challenging to accomplish, but you did a wonderful job.

Renilou said...

This was fun seeing the progress. Its so nice to connect with fellow watercolorists.